Friday 2 September 2011

Thing #15.2 - Tweeting

I've added a tweet button to this blog just to prove I've done it - Ellie kindly and successfully gave us a training session on it last year (and I did manage to remember my twitter account for once- although not the password!). I wonder if its a marmite thing as I didn't go back to it after last year. - I guess I think of it as another distraction rather than a preofessional tool - although that's jsut my mind set as I know my colleagues are using it professionally. Perhaps it's easier or more immediate with a smart phone? I know that people who don't have time to blog, preder the immediacy of tweeting. I also know of people who add another dimension to their everyday activity by tweeting - e.g. tweeting whilst watching eurovision or reading the tweets about Eurovision but not actually watching it.
I can see it would be useful to add tweets from companies, universities, publishers etc. to a twitter feed on the blogs - but I think I would have to create a separate tweet account for the music blog  as I've been messing around a bit here - perhaps that doesn't matter?
I looked at the tweets on the University of Sussex pages and a lot of it didn't make much sense to me apart from the notifications about events and problems. however it does seem to have a sense of immediacy about it and it's yet another medium that we can use for communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment