Saturday 4 December 2010

Thing 6 - Creative commons licence

My creative commons licence has now been added to the bottom of the page I think I imagined it would be a long and tedious process so it suprised me how simple it seemed. Perhaps becasue of the simplicity I dithered a bit before opting for a liberal approach -  but with non-commerical use (not that there could ever be commerical use of my material!)

When reading the licence terms, it occurred to me that
  • As this is being done as a staff development activity - Does the employer own the copyright? in which case should the licence should be for the University
  • Does the University have a policy on creative commons licences?
  • Should we consider licencing the academic laision blogs and subject pages? Even if we gave our material a liberal licence it would show evidence to staff and students of how we are engaged in the debate around copyright and the web.

Connected to my last point, when looking at other users of creative commons licences I came across some interesting music material that I think I will be adding to my music blog at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment