Sunday 5 September 2010

The first 23 things task

Dale Chihuly glass
I'd forgotten that I had already set up a google home page (and still can't remember when I orignally did it ), so it was a useful reminder that the page still existed.
I found a great Dale Chihuly template - which reminded me of a fantastic exhibition I saw a few years ago at Kew. Chihuly is a really interesting USA- based art glass maker. There's an enormous piece of his work hanging from the ceiling in the V&A entrance- aparently each piece of glass unscrews like a light fitting - it helps with construction, cleaning and repairs. Look up next time you are in there.
Frasier ( the character from theTV series) used to collect his pieces - but they never seemed to be that interesting in a domestic setting.

1 comment:

  1. I went to that exhibition at Kew too - I really liked the barge of glass baubles on the lake, will post some pictures shortly

    ReplyDelete