Tuesday 1 March 2011

Thing 10 - tagging and folksonomies -Delicious

It's taken a bit of time but I'm quite getting into Delicious - thanks to Ellie's help and suggestions.

Once I'd got over the usuual hurdle of my Yahoo password not working and having to reset it again I've created a set of bookmarks that I sent to the group I ran a workshop with last week. I've posted them onto my profile page for their subject. These tags included some of the URLs that I couldn't find on our own web pages . I'm not sure if the students are Delicious users but it was worth trying.
I've put a RSS feed of these tags into the 23 things blog.

I've noticed that I am bookmarking more URLS with the intention of adding them to my Delicious account.

I've also logged into my Delicious account and looked at other tags - I think I may set up an RSS feed into my music blog.I like the randomness of it.

Could we use Delicious to give useful URLs to researchers?

1 comment:

  1. I think we could and also we can share urls in refworks I discovered yesterday from a training session with Aaron, so a write once publish many time approach may yet emerge.....now I must get down to finding my delicious password ;-0

    ReplyDelete